Welcome to our website. San Luis Obispo (SLO) Flyers, Inc. is a private model aircraft flying club chartered by the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA). The club has developed a flying field as an Educational Flight Range (EFR) whose primary use is to support California Polytechnic State University academic programs at San Luis Obispo, CA. The EFR is located on property owned by the university. It consists of a 500 by 50 foot paved runway, an aircraft preparation area, a vehicle parking area, and a visitor’s viewing area for invited guests.
Notices (updated 07-13-2022)
- The EFR is for the operation of Radio Control aircraft only (Airplanes, gliders, scale aircraft, drones, helicopters). Rockets, RC cars, etc. are strictly prohibited.
- The Ranch manager wants the gate by his house kept closed at all times. If it’s open, close it.
- Access to Ranch Roads is from 8:00AM to 4:00PM ONLY. Please do not enter the Cal Poly Ranch property prior to 8:00 AM.
- Speed limit on all Cal Poly Ranch roads is 15 MPH.
- No taxiing or ground handling of aircraft in the pit area.
- All aircraft are to maintain 100′ minimum horizontal and vertical separation when flying near power lines.
- Everyone caution SloFlyers and Cal Poly Students to observe these rules.
Club meetings to be announced.