Welcome to our website. San Luis Obispo (SLO) Flyers, Inc. is a private model aircraft flying club chartered by the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA). The club has developed a flying field as an Educational Flight Range (EFR) whose primary use is to support California Polytechnic State University academic programs at San Luis Obispo, CA. The EFR is located on property owned by the university. It consists of a 500 by 50 foot paved runway, an aircraft preparation area, a vehicle parking area, and a visitor’s viewing area for invited guests.
- The Ranch manager wants the gate, by his house, kept closed at all times. If it’s open, close it. Posted 4/22/15
- Access to Ranch Roads is from 8:00AM to 4:00PM ONLY.
- Max speed limit is 15 MPH
- Everyone caution SloFlyers and Cal Poly Students to observe these rules.
- No taxiing or ground handling of aircraft in the pit area.
- All aircraft are to maintain 100′ minimum horizontal and vertical separation when flying near power lines.
Club meetings to be announced.
If the Weather Station doesn’t appear within a few moments, click here.