Welcome to our website. San Luis Obispo (SLO) Flyers, Inc. is a private model aircraft flying club chartered by the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA). The club has developed a flying field as an Educational Flight Range (EFR) whose primary use is to support California Polytechnic State University academic programs at San Luis Obispo, CA.. The EFR is located on property owned by the university. It consists of a 500 by 50 foot paved runway, an aircraft preparation area, a vehicle parking area, and a visitor’s viewing area for invited guests.
- The Ranch manager wants the gate, by his house, kept closed at all times. If it’s open, close it. Posted 4/22/15
- Access to Ranch Roads is from 8:00AM to 4:00PM ONLY.
- Max speed limit is 15 MPH
- Everyone caution SloFlyers and Cal Poly Students to observe these rules.
- No taxing or ground handling of aircraft in the pit area.
- All aircraft are to maintain 100′ minimum horizontal and vertical separation when flying near power lines.
Club meetings are held the second Saturday of every month at 9:00 in the office at the field unless otherwise posted.
Note: Click on the “Summary” link on the graphic above to see the weather summary.
Visit our updated video page.
New Immersion Vortex 230 FPV freestyle/racing drone flight with a Fail-Safe (no motor power) landing. No damage. As it turns out, both antenna wires were parallel and hugging the carbon fiber frame (a no-no). Kodak Cube HD video camera.
Listed below are some random pictures taken over the last year. Click on the thumbnail to see the full size image. You can also visit our Photo Page to see more club pictures.